New Thing # 14:
SIMPLE PLEASURE: FRIED PLANTAINS
To celebrate the fact that life is all about the little everyday things (that we tend to underestimate), my New Thing # 14 is a simple pleasure.
Ever since I’ve heard about fried plantains, I felt like I need to try them. 👩🍳 Believe it or not – I’ve never had them before. Did you?
Anyway, trying new things doesn’t always have to mean anything huge & out of comfort zone. Broadening our horizons may as well be fun, enjoyable & yummy! 😃
Bonus points: research proves that simple pleasures help us stay stuck to our goals & progress on our to-do lists. 🤓
So today I invite you to join me by doing something new that is super simple and feels oh-my-gosh-so-freaking-good 😊
It doesn’t have to include cooking.
Here are some of the simple pleasures ideas you can try:
- Just smell the orange peels,
- take a different route to work,
- watch a new comedy show on Netflix,
- go to a dark sky area and watch the stars,
- try on clothes that are totally not your style,
- sip your hot chocolate very slowly & mindfully…
- or do that thing that you always wanted to try but are constantly putting away.
Do it this weekend – maybe even today!
And obviously, let me know how it went!