NEW THING #65:
WATCH A HOCKEY GAME
Okay, so it's a bit weird to write this now with this whole coronavirus stuff going on. And I was thinking about not posting it, but I think there's something in it worth talking about.
So two weeks ago, I was on a walk and spontaneously bought tickets for a game of hokey. I've never seen one live despite living in Canada for 4 years. But we were about to take our Canadian citizenship tests, and hockey is a big thing here. So I thought it's freaking high time to see the game.
And it turned out super exciting - sitting at the edge of the seat & let's-do-it-again-soon kinda thing.
So I was planning to write a post and encourage you all to give it a try. But I was busy with all the learning for the exam.
And now it makes no sense. All the games are canceled, and most of us are social distancing. I mean you can still watch hockey on tv, but that's totally different.
So I thought that maybe I shouldn't write about it at all & just move on and share new things to try when you're stuck at home (and I obviously will).
But this last-minute hockey game got me thinking about all the things that we want to do, but we postpone for "someday" because we believe we still have time.
And moments like this with all the COVID-19 unexpectedness are a wake-up call.
‣ The time to redefine our values.
‣ To see what's important & what doesn't really matter at all.
‣ To honestly admit to things we postponed for "someday" that we wish we had done by now.
‣ To think if the fears of looking silly or being too "X" or not "Y" enough are still valid.
‣ To plan and look for ways to can start working on our dream projects using the extra stay at home time.
Think about it.
And most importantly, STAY SAFE!