New Thing #3:
4 AM MEDITATION
Yes, I really woke up at 4 AM today to meditate. 🧘🏻♀️
And believe me – I’m not a morning person. It’s the middle of the freaking night for me. 😱
Why meditating at 4 am?
But apparently, it’s easier to get into that meditative state when you’re a bit sleep & your brainwaves are not yet in beta.
You know, when it’s quiet and before you are drawn into all the everyday crap.
And bonus points: it sets you up for the rest of the day.
So Was It Worth It?
- Okay, I admit – the 4 am alarm sound wasn’t that appealing as I imagined the night before. It’s not easy to wake up. I was cold, tired & wanted to go back to sleep. But once I overcame it, the experience was really cool. 😊
- It really was easier to relax & get into the meditative state as my brain wasn’t that alert. The darkness & silence part of the early morning also seem to play a part.
- I’m happy with the results. My mind really slowed down, but it was way more focused at the same time. Which was perfect. When I was starting I had this “hamster wheel” feeling in my head which was completely gone when I finished. But honestly, this is what I usually get out of my meditations without waking up in the middle of the night. 😕
- Once the session was over, my entire body was relaxed, I felt calm yet uplifted, and this feeling continued hours after the experience. I would say it lasted longer than usual, but it could be the meditation I did rather than the specific timing. 🤷♀️
- The cool part is that I finished the meditation and it was still pretty early, so I felt really good about making my morning count. I don’t know. There’s something powerful about accomplishing things in the morning. 💪 Also, I’m thrilled I was able to fit meditation into my schedule, which is not always easy.
- But I bet you’re wondering whether I felt tired later during the day. I thought I would, but that wasn’t really the case. Maybe the relaxing part of the meditative state made up for the lack of sleep. I don’t know. But I was able to focus, and at the same time, I felt nicely relaxed throughout the day. Just like after going to a spa.
Overall, I really liked the experience. But probably that would not be necessarily something I would do if I hadn’t tried & enjoyed meditation before.
Having said that, I felt so good that intend to repeat this practice on a regular basis. Seriously, it’s that good.
So what do you think?
Do you meditate?
Are you going to try it?
Let me know 100 New Things To Try
PS. Looking for a fun way to do new things?
DO SOMETHING NEW DECK
It's a fun deck of cards that let you bring more new experiences into your life!
Do something new every day with this super cute 52-cards deck without spending tons of time thinking about what to do.